Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Community Top Prospect List: #3

Greetings, Nationals fans. Now that the Nats have signed their draft picks, it is time to continue with the community draft list. In the first poll, OF Bryce Harper was chosen as the Nats' #1 prospect with 93% of the votes. In the second, 3B Anthony Rendon won the #2 prospect honors with 79%. Who will #3 be?

As a reminder, each day I'll put up a new poll (you can vote here or on Twitter, follow me @seanhoganvt), asking readers to choose who they think the best prospect listed is. In the comment section, we can duke out our opinions on whether Steve Lombardozzi's grit and performance makes him a better prospect than Eury Perez's speed and raw skills do.

As each post comes and goes, I will also ask readers to leave one name for who they think should be the next candidate on the list.



3 comments:

  1. Ok, since you have asked for commentary, I went Cole here until Purke shows he is healthy. Was close to going with Purke, like majority so far, based on Nats giving him the thumbs up medically, but felt like Cole has had such a good year, he deserved the nod.

    Not sure how deep I go with prospects at this point, but think I would add Walters, the guy they got for Marquis. But maybe Brad Meyer or Rosenbaum could work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I chose the order in which we added guys, it would probably go Solis, Milone, Perez, Meyers and Walters, but I'm going to leave it up to the people (within reason). For the next one I'm probably going to make the executive decision, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Solis. He'd be my choice, in retrospect. But like I said, my knowledge starts to fall off around here.

    Gonna be some tough 40 man decisions this fall. That is a good sign of progress. Argues for a 3 for 1 kind of deal for Bourjos.

    ReplyDelete